Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Music You Should Check Out

So, today, I have spent some of my time listening to some of the new music that has hit my desk (Okay, it's the part of my job that is really hard to call "work"). Do yourself a favor and check out some of the music of Lady Antebellum - not just their single. Some real good stuff. Now - if you want to head to the other end of the country spectrum, there's Ashton Shepard. Her new full-length CD "Sounds So Good" is very appropriately titled. This lady has it going for her. Check out the title cut, the single "Takin' Off This Pain" and "I Ain't Dead Yet". This girl was, literally, a pea picker in South Alabama a year ago. We got to see her perform (and, hopefully, you did) at Eagle's first Winterblast in January. It was her first full band show. (Ironically, we were also the first radio station she ever visited.) She knows how to entertain, for sure.
A couple of other tunes I heard that may wind up being something: Heidi Neufield (former lead singer for Trick Pony) has a strong love song called "Johnny and June"; Jimmy Wayne is finally back with something pretty good called "Do You Believe Me Now". Finally, another Winterblast performer, Emily West has a good one called "Rocks in Your Shoes". She's another one who puts on a heck of a show.
Each of these folks have MySpace pages to check out their music so I suggest you do that when you have a minute and let me know what you think. If you've heard anything else that you want me (or us) to know about, let me know, too!

No comments: