Thursday, April 10, 2008

Is It Me Or Is Customer Service a Thing of the Past?

I have had two situations occur over the past two days - one personal and one with business. Both had to do with subscriptions, deliveries, etc. On the business side, our company subscribes to a trade magazine for 4 of our 5 radio stations. This company requires that each of the four subscriptions be separate with each station's name. Well, that's an accident waiting to happen...and it did. That wasn't the issue, though. The issue was how they credited two payments to one station and none to another. From there, it went downhill! Trying to get someone to really take the time to figure out what happened was the biggest issue plus , all along, they made us feel as if we were the culprits, not them. The issue STILL hasn't been resolved and we have had to initiate every contact. You would think this magazine would be concerned about losing a customer!
On the personal side, I get a morning newspaper delivered every day to my home - usually very early......and I'm usually up very early. Well, for two consecutive days this week, we didn't get a paper. I called to register my complaint the first day. You would think that the message would have made it for the second day but, no, it didn't - no paper again! That second day it took me three phone calls to get to these folks, after being disconnected twice. Once I got to a human being, that experience turned sour pretty quick. No apologies for the inconvenience or the mistake. All I did receive was a "I'll get a manager on it and we'll try to get this taken care of for tomorrow" Try?????......amazing! I did get my paper the next day but the process just fried me.

Please , if you are listener, tell me when we neglect our customer service. I need to know. I really believe that every experience with a business should be a good one, no matter what, so , please help make me and the rest of us here better. Last thing I want is for you to feel the way I do right now!

Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Customer Service request?!... Play more music in the morning, instead of mindless babble and games. I have driven the entire trip to my office in the morning without ever hearing a single song. I find myself pressing that no. 2 button for US106 more often in the morning than not.