Tuesday, April 7, 2009

MY TEN-YEAR OLD TECHNOLOGICAL GENIUS

I'm in the radio broadcasting business which means I have access to, and use, a number of technical "items" every day from operating a control board to using digital editing equipment. You would think I would be strong on the technical side BUT, when it comes to the home TV system, my little 10-year old daughter rules the roost, for sure. Her latest technological find is something I had no idea we had. She showed me last night how I can go right to a specific channel on my digital cable and get weather for Virginia Beach and any fairly large city in our country. Then, she showed how I can see all the news channels at once and all the sports channels at once!!! A veritable plethora of information at my fingertips and I had no idea it was there. NOTE: we have had this cable setup for close to 3 years....she was the one who showed me how to use the DVR. Again, I had no idea. Is it me or are we learning more from the young ones these days than our parents learned from us?

1 comment:

Karen West said...

Face it, boss. We're stupid. Whenever I have computer questions, I have to consult the girls. And they look at me like I'm the biggest dummy alive.