Tuesday, March 10, 2009

FAREWELL GOOD FRIEND

I had known the man 9 years. I didn't meet him face-to-face until last year but he's been a close work associate for that 9 year period. Whatever I asked him to do, he would do and always in record time - of course, done exactly the way I had wanted. He was as much a part of the staff of 97.3 The Eagle as Jimmy Ray or Jen. You never heard his name but you heard him more than Jimmy Ray, Karen West, Mark McKay or Stephanie Taylor. You just knew him as the Eagle "Big Voice Guy". His name- Brian James. Last Friday morning, Brian suffered a massive heart attack at the young age of 48 and passed away, just a day after he and I had a little Facebook exchange. He leaves behind a wife, a son and a stepdaughter - and thousands - and I do mean thousands - of radio friends. Brian, we will miss that booming voice but, most of all, your friendship. You treated us all like family. You will always be the best!

No comments: