Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Bonding With My Daughter

Dad's have some interesting times with children, especially daughters. My grown daughter and I found lots of ways to "bond" through the years - music being the primary source, although she is somewhat a political junkie these days, too. So here I am, doing it over again with my current 10-year old daughter, who is as "girly" and pink as one can get. Plus she has virtually no interest in sports. But - we found a way to bond at this early age and it's on TV. No, not Hannah Montana....no, not Sponge Bob......would you believe two shows on Discovery? Destroyed In Seconds and Road Rampage!!! For some reason, we are both mesmerized by all of these crashes and destruction. We spend hours together watching and enjoying. Makes her mother feel so proud....:)....I am confident, though, that the UFC is not the next step.

No comments: