Tuesday, March 24, 2009

If You Get The Flu, Listen to the Right people

After being bed-ridden for the first time in over 8 years with what our doctor called "Influenza B" over the weekend, I would suggest you follow whatever program your doctor says. Don't deviate. First of all, knowing that there is an actual WORSE flu called Influenza "A" is scary enough. How do I know all of this? Well, I thought I was out of the woods after a day's rest. Got hungry and sent someone to get me some of those great onion rings from a local fast food institution. BIG mistake. Need I go further. I was told to follow a strict bland diet (known as the "BRAT" diet - Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast). I learned the hard way. Don't you.......Never did a slice of dry toast taste so good after that!
Here's to the beginning of Spring and the end of flu season!

No comments: