Thursday, May 7, 2009

Something To Think About NOT Just Today

I am writing this on the designated National Day of Prayer and playing on 97.3 The Eagle right now is Trace Adkins new song "All I Ask For Anymore". This is a day DESIGNATED for all of us to pray and I'm listening to a song that lets us know what really matters every day of our lives. Trace sings about praying every night, not for his possible accomplishments but for his wife, his children, his friends......what really matters. After this past weekend visiting my grown daughter and her family, I was, for the first time in a long time, with my entire immediate family....my wife, two daughters, son-in-law and three grandchildren. It doesn't, and will never, get any better than that. Makes me realize that EVERY DAY should be a National Day of Prayer.....not just one day a year. Maybe, if we all prayed about what really matters every day....just maybe.....we can turn this whole thing around. I am a dreamer, you know....BUT, I'm also a believer. Lets give it a shot.

3 comments:

Ken Ed Tucker said...

Well said, John! I couldn't agree more.

CBerg said...

Prayer is something many people consider to be a waste of their time but most don't realize we pray each and every day when we dream, when we fantasize, when we look for a better tomorrow for ourselves and for our family. "If you never have a dream, you will never have a dream come true." conversely, "if you never pray, you will never have a prayer answered".

Anonymous said...

I am not sure I should determine what matters -- I will should just say thank you and thy will be done.