Monday, May 18, 2009

HAVE YOU MISSED THE RISING PRICE OF GAS

Okay, so there are reports that our economy may actually be making a positive turn. Did you notice that since that has been reported that the price of gasoline has risen almost 50 cents a gallon? No reports of a shortage of any kind. Only thing I've heard and read is the anticipation of summer driving has driven up the price. Give me a break!!! Does the price of cranberry sauce go up when we approach Thanksgiving? No.....does it cost more to buy hot dogs and hot dog buns on July 2nd?....Again, No!
What irks me most is that we sit and take it. No complaints. We just let the oil companies do it. Through all of these reports of downsizing and lost profits, have you seen an oil company as a part of that? I challenge you to name one for me because I can't.
I wish we could all just thumb our noses at them and stop using our vehicles altogether....but, we can't.....and they know it!!! Heck, when the price was $4.99 a gallon, we paid it. How does it feel to be a slave to the oil companies?

1 comment:

Ken Ed Tucker said...

Well said, John. I've noticed the same thing. Every summer the prices rise and we just expect it. I did actually try to take some personal responsibility last summer by buying a scooter, but because I'm a klutz that actually ended up costing me a whole lot more money than I would have saved. In fact, I'm still paying the medical bills.