Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Caught By The Boss!

Okay, so have you ever been caught by your boss , sort of, sneaking into work when you were late? Let me relay this funny story to you. Being an old morning DJ, I still come in to work very early (around 5:30-5:45). The morning show on 97.3 The Eagle starts at 5am Monday through Friday. So there is your set up.
So, this morning (Tuesday the 30th), I'm heading into work taking my usual route. I stop at a light about, maybe, 5 minutes from the station. I look to my left and see a pair of lights meaning a car was pulling out of that intesection with the green light to turn left and onto the road in front of me. I hear a beep as the car turns and notice that is a Corvette with vanity license plates that do belong to one half of the morning show, Jimmy Ray. I think, nonchalantly,..."well there goes Jimmy Ray"......and then, about 10 seconds later, I realize, SURPRISINGLY,"THERE GOES JIMMY RAY !!!!...it's 5:25!!!!!! He was supposed to be there 25 minutes ago!!!" Now, put yourself in Jimmy's shoes. He oversleeps and rushes out of the house to get to work and, lo and behold, who does he run into? His Boss!!!! So, all he could do was beep and act as if were the natural thing. Since he is rarely ever late, this made it even funnier that we crossed paths.

Ever been caught by your boss when you were late for work? Share with the class , if you like....:)

No comments: