Friday, September 12, 2008

Finding a Prime Parking Spot

So one of my challenges, when I get to a large parking area for an event, shopping, a restaurant...whatever,is to, of course, find the space that is as close as possible. One day I must have been driving around for about 15 minutes looking for a better spot and my wife finally wonders out loud why I can run an average of 3 miles a day but yet I try to avoid walking more than 100 yards to a particular destination. I admit it...she's right, but it's all about getting the best space. Just like it's all about "making good time" when we drive a long distance. If they had drive-thru bathrooms on the road, that would make me a happy guy with the family. We'd make better time, wouldn't we? And who needs a GPS? I can find my way to where we need to go. I have a great sense of direction so why ask anyone or use a device that could help me? As Brad Paisley sings, "I'm Still A Guy".

No comments: