Monday, October 13, 2008

Gas Prices

All of a sudden, do you notice gas dropping below $3 a gallon in some areas of Hampton Roads? We are being told that it's because of less consumption due to the financial crisis right now in our country/world. You have GOT to be kidding me. We are still going to work/school....doing the grocery shopping...taking the kids to various practices/games/events. Less consumption??? Do you honestly believe that? Maybe the oil companies started feeling guilty about the high prices and the high profits. That's what I'm thinking! How about you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed most of your comments have no responses, so I thought I would leave one; a pity response, if you will.

I am still trying to find out when is the next St Jude's radiothon. I would like to volunteer, but I have to bid on vacation now. Please post something on the site for those who want to come and help.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

The amount of the drop (even more significant in the 2 weeks after your post) does seem too large to make sense. If we give them "the benefit of the doubt", perhaps psychology plays a part: since the world's economies are slowing, people think that demand for oil will decrease more than it actually is. That psychology can make prices go down all by itself. But yes, it makes you wonder. P.S. Congrats on your Phillies' World Series win.