Monday, November 21, 2011

A Thankful Week

This is the week wheh it all really starts - the Holiday Season (cue the music!). This is when I start thinking about the past year...past years....what's ahead....all of that. Most of all, in the spirit of the week of giving thanks, it's my turn. I consider myself one very lucky person. I've had the opportunity to meet some big stars....see some bigger ones in concert...and become friends with some even bigger ones. I've had experiences in one year in this business that some don't get to have in a lifetime!!! Needless to say, I am thankful for my profession - as consolidated and homogenized as it has become in some places, it is still the only job I care to want or have, ever!
I am truly thankful to work for a company who believes in the phrase "live and local" and they live it every day. I am thankful for an outstanding boss who challenges me daily and makes me feel 20 years younger. I am extremely grateful to work WITH a staff who share the same passion for this business, for music, for radio. I am extremely thankful for all of those who I've had the pleasure of working along side at various radio stations in various cities.
I am thankful for a father who still mentors me to this day in his own inimitable way and a brother and sister who I know have had my back every day of my life.
I am thankful for a grown daughter and son-in-law who have always made me feel special and blessed me with three wonderful grandchildren. I am also thankful that I got another shot at being a Dad a few years back and now am the parent of a beuatiful, smart, gregarious 13-year old daughter. Thanks for keeping me on my toes every day!!!
I am thankful for the woman who makes each day seem so special. She makes my arrival home seem as if it's the highlight of her day. It doesn't get any better than that.
Most of all, I am thankful that I have Someone in my corner Who lets me know what the real priorities are. Thank you, God, for being there every minute. Believe me, I know You are there!
Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments: