Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nothing Like Being There In Person

In case you haven't figured it out, I'm a huge sports fan. Love watching them all, especially live and in person. And nothing, and I mean NOTHING, compares to being at a live, professional baseball game. Here, we are fortunate to have a Minor League Triple-A team, the Norfolk Tides (Baltimore Orioles affiliate). Got to my first game this season recently and walking into a ballpark conjures up all kinds of memories. You've got the smell of freshly cooked hot dogs and french fries; two big rosters of players warming up for the game; LOTS of souvenirs. PLUS - no hot dog tastes better than one that is served and eaten at a ballpark. It's totally psychological but it's the best!
Every time I walk into a minor or major league ballpark, I'm reminded of the first time I ever walked into one - in my case, the old Connie Mack Stadium in Phildelphia. What a feeling seeing all of that - the fans, the players in the white and bright red Phillies' uniforms and, of course, the chance to pick out the stars from each team and just stare in awe. Plus, you know what?....every game I've attended, I can tell you, I was into the game, the atmosphere and the experience. Any job issues, family "things" or personal problems all were forgotten for that time period. Spring and baseball - what a combination! Enjoy it when you can.

No comments: