Monday, March 29, 2010

Find Out Who Your Friends Are

Listen to the words of Tracy Lawrence's song "Find Out Who Your Friends Are" (with Tim and Kenny). If that doesn't hit home for you at some point in your life, nothing will.
If there haven't already been, you can be guaranteed there will be times when things aren't going as well for you as they may be now. It may be your job, your marriage, your kids, whatever. Something in your life will present some serious challenges for you. It is times like these(those)that you really find out who your friends are. Don't accept the "It's Just Business" excuse ever. If they are a friend, they are a friend in business, too. There are too many fair-weathered friends out there with whom to waste your time. You find out who those folks are during the trying times. Believe me, I have whittled down my share of "friends" through this process. The "It's just business" folks are no longer in any address book of mine. I want friends I can count on no matter what and vice versa.
Remember the ones who were absent when the chips were down and, especially, remember those who were there with you when those chips were all but gone. I salute my true friends and am thankful for each of you each day of my life. I know now who they are, for sure!

No comments: