Saturday, October 22, 2011

There Goes My "Neighborhood"

We live in a modest, ranch home. 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. Your typical 60's home upgraded and remodeled, of course. Since day one, I have had full use of the master bath which is a small closet-like room attached to our master bedroom. The girls - my wife and daughter - used the large "guest" bathroom complete with two sinks, tub, etc. - all of the acoutrements needed as far as any women is concerned.
Well, now, that the "little" girl is moving into the teen years, my lovely wife is now having issues sharing the bathroom with her and has decided it would be best for us to share the smaller master bath. This morning has been "move in" day. The sink has, somehow, disappeared in a sea of various lotions and soaps. Half of the medicine cabinet now has items I couldn't identify if you put a gun to my head. Of course, during the "cleanup" (and there was a massive cleanup prior to move-in), my wife claims to have found medicine and after shave that had expired 5 years ago. Those things have expiration dates? Really? Nothing had evaporated or disappeared so, for me, they were still good. Guess not for the "new" tenant.
I just walked in there a few minutes ago and the aroma of Pine-Sol permeated the room. Hadn't smelled that in years. The floor, the shower, the sink - spotless!!!! What was happening??? Cleanliness has now crept into my life. That's a positive, I guess. I would also have to assume that the other would be the year or two added to my life because of the lack of whatever germs had resided in there for the past 6 years.
I guess sharing isn't so bad after all!

No comments: